WORK WITH US!
BARISTA Position (ft/pt)
A LITTLE ABOUT us
Narrative Coffee is a young coffee company enthusiastically based in the exciting city of Everett, WA. We’re regular folks who like people and things that taste good.
We are looking to our team of people committed to the common goal of creating hospitable experiences for our guests executed with a high level of attention to detail and an eye toward quality.
Coffee is our first love. If you’re new to specialty coffee, you’ll likely find yourself learning more about coffee than you ever knew there was to know. If you’re a specialty coffee pro, know the coffee brewing control chart like the back of your hand, and can explain the nuances of aerobic vs. anaerobic fermentation in coffee processing, you’ll likely find yourself part of a fun team making delicious coffee for a growing city and might learn some new approaches to hospitality. Our coffee menu is relatively simple with a focus on the classics, some house made syrups, and some fun, inventive drinks we all work together to create.
We offer a food menu including street (liege) waffles and house-made and freshly baked pastries. To prepare these foods with the same effort, intention, and attention to detail as coffee will be an essential role of our barista staff. We source our teas from Song Tea and will offer brewed by the cup options for tea and offer draft beers and a wine program.
Come help us make exceptional coffee for a wonderful community!
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “.HIRE.ME.” with your resume (include 3 professional references) and cover letter for further instructions.
Traits we dig in our crew
- Love working with people
- Team player
- Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn and self-motivation
- Clean freak
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment where speed of service and customer service have to be balanced to create a great experience for guests, even when busy.
- Friendly, welcoming, and gracious disposition
- Make espresso and espresso drinks, operate commercial grinding equipment
- Manually prepare individual cups of coffee
- Prepare food
- Keep the coffee shop clean
- Keep the coffee shop well stocked and prepared to serve guests
- Cash handling
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and have smart phone for team communication
- Obtain or maintain an active food handler’s card and MAST permit
- Must be able and willing to taste beer and wine
- Weekend availability required
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, and standing for long periods is required
- Requires tasting and a sense of smell
- 21 or older
- Have effective transportation to 2927 Wetmore Ave, Everett (two bus stops within 2 blocks)
- Additional skills appreciated: photography, videography, public speaking, graphic design, art, education background
- Desire to advance in a coffee career appreciated
- Current food handler’s card or can obtain one before start date
Current MAST permit or can obtain one before start date