WORK WITH US!
Line and Prep Cook Position (PT)
A LITTLE ABOUT us
Narrative Coffee is a young coffee company enthusiastically based in the exciting city of Everett, WA. We’re regular folks who like people and things that taste good.
We are looking to add to our team of people committed to the common goal of creating hospitable experiences for our guests executed with a high level of attention to detail and an eye toward quality.
Coffee is our first love. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that focuses on specialty coffee and quality food, we think this will be a great fit for you. We rotate our coffee roasters monthly, feature local dairy, and house-made ingredients for just about everything.
Our food program is seasonal and rotates as the seasons do. We source quality ingredients and while we keep a relatively simple menu, we really seek to execute all of our dishes to a high standard of excellence. Our from scratch kitchen is a small and resourceful team of folks who share both prep and line duties. You will be part of a tight team that works to grow and expand our food offerings to feed the fine folks of Everett.
Come help us make exceptional food for a wonderful community!
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “.HIRE.ME.” with your resume (include 3 professional references) and cover letter for further instructions.
Traits we dig in our crew
- Love working with people
- Team player
- Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn and self-motivation
- Clean freak
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment where speed of service, customer service, and execution have to be balanced to create a great experience for guests, even when busy.
- Friendly, welcoming, and gracious disposition, at all times when on the floor
- Make food dishes on the line
- Work with knives, meat slicers, food processors, hot ovens, panini press
- Prepare ingredients for use on the line
- Keep your work station and dishes clean, implementing mis en place at all times. We primarily work in an open kitchen that shares space with our coffee bar.
- Help the team with dirty dishes and any other needs during down time
- Anticipate ingredient needs and stock and prepare accordingly
- Be a team player and set up the next shift for success
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and have smart phone for team communication
- Obtain or maintain an active food handler’s card
- Must be able and willing to taste all food items to ensure you’re serving delicious dishes
- Sunday availability required, Monday strongly preferred.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, and standing for long periods is required
- Requires tasting and a sense of smell
- Using powered meat slicers, knives, and other sharp objects safely and carefully
- 18 or older
- Have effective transportation to 2927 Wetmore Ave, Everett (two bus stops within 2 blocks)
- Additional skills appreciated: photography, videography, public speaking, graphic design, art, education background
- Desire to advance in a food or coffee career appreciated
- Current food handler’s card or can obtain one before start date